Hello again, Summer.
This is my Virgo’s season and I always feel the most inspired to cook and create summer dishes. Salads, fish, burgers, pies, cocktails, and cool treats to name a few. This recipe was originally intended to be a popsicle replica of one of my favorite summer time pie recipes Blackberry Lemon Thyme Pie, but it took a turn down Bourbon Street (as many of my recipes always do).
I had blackberries on the brain. I thought about a bourbon bramble instead. Fast forward >>>>> Blackberry Bourbon Ice Pop Recipe >>>>> Now, officially my number one (of five) Zipzicle recipes I’m posting on the blog this summer. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
That’s right Strawberry Champagne Zipzicle Cocktail, you got bumped. 😉
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Yields 6 pops
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup bourbon or whiskey
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Bring water and sugar to a gentle simmer in a small-medium saucepan.
- Once sugar has dissolved, add blackberries and simmer on low for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- When the blackberries start to break down and the liquid resembles blackberry juice, turn off the heat.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and bourbon.
- Transfer mixture to a blender.
- Blend for about a minute or two until smooth.
- Strain out the seeds with a fine mesh strainer. (optional)
- Using a funnel, fill the Zipzicle pouches and freeze.
*** Zipzicle® Ice Pop Pouch (available at www.zipzicles.com) ** This recipe doubles to a dozen perfectly.