Looking for a healthy side dish to put on the Thanksgiving table this year? Or just love the simplicity of one pan roasted root veggies? This is it! Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables is a colorful, healthy, and easy Fall recipe. I top this off with crumbled goat cheese and micro greens and serve it up family style.
This is one of those make-a-head Thanksgiving Day life saver dishes! It can be made a few days prior, covered & toted along to dinner, or stored until it’s time to reheat and serve. Top the veggies with goat cheese and micro greens and pass off on all the marshmallow topped casseroles this year.
You know, the Thanksgiving Casseroles that you just ate the marshmallows or brown sugar off of when you were a kid? Whoops! I did that too.
Watch this Facebook Live video to see me walk you through preparing and food styling this dish or follow along with the pics below. Only a few steps to make this recipe come to life!
Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut your root vegetables up into a similar sizes (about 1.5 inch each). Toss the veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper in 2 glass baking dishes with a sprig of rosemary in each. Chop up about a tablespoon of fresh rosemary and sprinkle over the top. Roast both pans at the same time for 30 minutes.
Let the pans cool about 5-10 minutes and then combine both into a serving dish. Add toppings and serve.
The ultimate easy and healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe.
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
The ultimate easy and healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe. Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables topped with crumbled goat cheese and micro greens.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 large purple sweet potato
- 1 large parsnip
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- handful of crumbled goat cheese
- micro greens for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 and center rack.
- Wash and peel carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato (leave skin on potato if desired). Cut into 1.5 inch pieces.
- Peel butternut squash with a carrot peeler. Cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and cut it up to make the size of the other veggies.
- Divide the vegetables up between two 9x13 glass pyrex baking dishes (or baking sheets lined with foil).
- Toss each pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, sprig and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Let cool until its safe to touch then combine the pans into a serving vessel.
- Top each with goat cheese, micro greens and decorate with rosemary.
- Serve family style.
Check out my Fall & Thanksgiving Recipe board on Pinterest for more awesome ideas!
I can’t finish off this post without saying what an amazing time I had last weekend in Austin, Texas at the BlogHerFood16 conference. I met some truly amazing and inspiring like minded ladies. Denisse | Le Petit Eats and Elizabeth | Bowl of Delicious, to name a few!