This braised brisket has flavors of crisp apples, warm cinnamon, and savory spices. With minimal prep and ingredients this Savory Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe is sure be become a new family favorite.
You could serve this on top of mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables. Or, as the topping for a rice bowl with chopped kale and tomatoes. Inside tacos? A burrito? Should I keep going?
Hard Apple Cider
The most important thing I can tell you about this recipe is to use a hard cider that you would actually want to drink. I used The Saint and Honey Crispy by Crispin. No, they didn’t pay me to tell you that. I found them at Sprouts Farmer’s Market and thought the “rich fruity aromas with hints of molasses and maple, toasted nutty character” would pair perfectly with these spices. Use whatever your favorite is!
I absolutely love this recipe! It is an adaptation from Feeding Friends: Slow Cooker Brisket.
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Sweet and tart from the Hard Apple Cider and savory from the spices, this slow cooker brisket is a Fall recipe favorite! Adapted from FeedMePheobe.com, rewritten by Jennifer Irizarry.
5 minPrep Time
8 hr, 30 Cook Time
8 hr, 35 Total Time
- 3lbs brisket
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 oz Hard Cider
- Place the brisket fat side up in the slow cooker.
- Trim off the fat leaving only a 1/4 inch.
- Mix the spices and garlic in a bowl and scatter them on top of the brisket.
- Pour the hard cider over the brisket in the slow cooker until it just barely covers the meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Return to the slow cooker for another 30 minutes and let the meat simmer in the juices.