Another quick, easy and ultra clean eating soup recipe! Slow Cooker Chicken Kale Vegetable Soup is another way I like to add a healthy boost of veggies to a slow cooker chicken soup recipe. The addition of kale and zucchini packs in extra nutrition and fiber, while leaving you full and satisfied.
Before we get to the actual recipe, I have to come to the realization that yesterday was my 30th birthday and I am officially no longer 20 something!
End of Summer Vaca in Miami
We are so lucky to be able to call South Florida “home”. Now that we don’t live there anymore, it feels like a vacation going back to see our friends and family. This evening we are flying to Miami for a week and it is the first time we have been back home since we moved to Dallas earlier this year. I’m so excited to bring our new puppy home with us to meet the fam! Our week is packed with fun plans. I’m cooking all day tomorrow for my sister in law’s bridal shower this Saturday, plus an island birthday BBQ bash next week with all my favorite people! 🙂
30th Birthday at Five Sixty
Last night one of my best friends flew in to Dallas and joined us for my 30th birthday dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s famous restaurant in the sky, Five Sixty. It’s an amazing Asian fusion dinner venue located inside an illuminated rotating sphere, 560 feet in the air, with a view of Dallas you have to see to believe.
Cheers! To 30 being the new 20!
Mrs Jennifer Irizarry
Slow Cooker Chicken Kale Vegetable Soup
5 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 5 Total Time
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced small
- 3 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped small
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provance
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced thin
- Place chicken, herbs, salt, pepper, onion, carrots, celery and broth in the slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker along with kale and zucchini.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.