Delicious, light and healthy, this dairy free Tuscan chicken is a paleo remake of it’s original version.
I ditched the heavy cream and replaced it with light coconut milk and honestly, I can’t tell the difference. Only my waist line can notice! 🙂
Not only is this a lighter version of a classic Italian favorite, but it’s also a 30 minute meal! From skillet to table in less than 30 minutes, this recipe is a week day time saver.
We are so excited to go home to Miami next week! We are flying with our 5 month old puppy, Gracie. She fractured her leg Independence Day weekend and has had pins in her back leg since! My poor crazy puppy. This is our first trip home since we moved to Texas at the beginning of the year. My lovely sister in law is getting married October 1st in trendy Brickell, Miami and I’m thrilled to help her plan her special day! Not only do I get to assist in the wedding planning, I am her chef for her bridal shower next week. We are having a modern Mexican fiesta, complete with a champagne cocktail bar and of course a gorgeous bridal inspired cake. Below is a sneak peak of the trial recipe I made for her. It is a Lavender Lemon Naked Cake, with cute wedding DIY decor. Definitely a story for another day 🙂
Mrs Jennifer Irizarry
Ready in 25 minutes this is an easy dairy free recipe for classic Tuscan Chicken.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 6 thin pieces
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Fresh basil, shredded (garnish)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Salt and pepper both sides of each piece of chicken (to taste).
- In batches, sear both sides of the chicken for 3-4 minutes (until no longer pink).
- Remove chicken to a clean plate.
- Wipe out excess oil out of the pan and add chicken broth.
- Next, add coconut milk, tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and add chicken back into the pan.
- Add a large handful of spinach and let it wilt as the liquid simmers.
- Simmer lightly for 3-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh basil.