This recipe for slow cooker chicken verde tacos can’t get much easier. Combine chicken, tomatoes, salsa verde and spices in the slow cooker… Set it on 4-6 hours and walk away!
I primarily gravitate towards Dutch oven recipes. I am a HUGE fanatic of those big magical pots! Part of the mission of this blog is share all my low and slow recipes and have the largest selection available on the web. Well, I don’t know about that last part but I have some pretty amazing recipes to share with you all.
When I was sorting through my Slow Cooker Pinterest board earlier this week I realized it was time to expand that category on this blog. I am so excited to share my upcoming posts! I created a group board on Pinterest for Dutch oven & slow cooker recipes. If you are a food blogger or just have awesome recipes you want to share, send me your email and I’ll add you. We can all be slow cooker dinner heroes! 🙂
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Incredibly easy chicken dinner recipe packed with flavor and juicy tomatoes. You can serve this with tortillas, over rice, or even on a bun. Healthy and easy dinner.
5 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 5 Total Time
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) chili powder
- 1 onion, diced, for garnish
- chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 5 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Remove cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Top with diced onions and fresh cilantro.