Chicken Soup is the ultimate warming comfort food. I omit the noodles and add a handful of spinach and crushed tomatoes to the base. Slow Cooker Chicken Spinach Soup is all the comfort of ordinary chicken soup but with a boosted up nutrition content. Preparing this soup as a slow cooker recipe it is as easy as….
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup with crushed tomatoes and spinach for the ultimate one pot healthy meal.
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 pasture roaming chicken breasts
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons herbs de provence see notes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Toss carrots, onion and celery in slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Add seasoning and bay leaf.
- Pour broth and tomatoes on top and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Stir in a handful of spinach (it will wilt) and add chicken on top.
- Stir to combine and serve.
- Top with fresh basil or parsley if desired.
Simply Organic Herbes De Provence: (thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, oregano, tarragon, marjoram, lavender). Make sure you don't use one containing fennel. That will totally change the flavor of the soup. The lavender flowers really make this spice blend special.
Simply Organic Herbes de Provence
For more amazing slow cooker recipes follow my board on Pinterest full of slow cooker favorites!
Pin it now, make it later!