I admit to having a moderate to severe banana bread addiction. I made this Banana Zucchini Bread recipe four times in the past ten days! Hi. My name is Jennifer and I am a banana zucchini bread
junkie addict LOVER.
No over-ripe bananas? No problem. Preheat your oven to 350, place green bananas on a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes. You will pull out blackened, sweet, ripe bananas! POOF! A kitchen magic trick. 🙂
This banana zucchini bread recipe is very light on sugar and uses coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. It’s moist and full of flavor. I promise you will go b-a-n-a-n-a-s over this zucchini bread recipe!
Simply the BEST Banana Zucchini Bread Recipe
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Healthy Banana Zucchini Bread Recipe. Moist and full of amazing flavors.
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3 over-ripe medium (1 cup) bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, grated and drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (you can also use white or caster)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, and mix.
- Add in oil and sugar, mix until smooth.
- In another bowl measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stirring to combine. Don't over mix, but make sure the batter is smooth.
- Put zucchini in a strainer and press down lightly to remove excess water.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Pour mixture into a greased non stick bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before removing from pan.
You will also love my Bourbon Banana Walnut Bread recipe. 🙂 I promise.
Need more? Follow my breads & muffins board on Pinterest for never ending Banana Bread Recipe madness.