This 6 inch Chocolate Chip Cookie is literally the size of my hand! AND it’s soft, thick, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
When did cookie recipes get so high maintenance? Chill the dough, wait 24 hours, let it thaw 10 minutes, use melted butter, requires a mixer, add bread flour, blah blah blah! Sure, baking is a science but really? I just want a simple, easy, fast, nearly instant cookie dough recipe that is reliable and amazing. I want one that I can utilize for different types of cookies and sizes, that I can mix by hand or with a hand mixer.
Well, THIS IS THE ONE I have been searching for. I have been testing cookie recipes for 6 months! The flat, melty ones got the boot. I only post recipes that I have tried and tested at minimum 3 times. Nothing but the best for my readers. This will be my go to recipe for the rest of this year for sure.
Ok, more like 5 1/2 inches but you get the picture. These babies are huge!
This recipe for cookie dough is awesome for ice cream sandwiches since the cookies are puffy and thick. Scoop 1/4 cup dough balls instead of 1/2 cup and you will have a perfectly thick, crisp, soft cookie to hold together ice cream.
For the past week I have been working SO hard to better organize this website and make my recipes easier to find for the user. I completely redesigned and edited my Recipe Index for a simplified search and better viewing experience. Special thanks to Haley of “If you give a blonde a kitchen“, for 1) teaching me how to set this page up and 2) for inspiring the picture directly above. She’s an incredibly talented baker/blogger and a super sweet gal! <-<-No pun intended 😉
When I was looking for more pins to save I came across this one. When I looked at the recipe, I immediately knew it was all the right ingredient ratios and tested it out. I’m spreading the word about this perfect cookie. Please help me and share this awesome recipe with your friends!
What is better than a Chocolate Chip Cookie?
A 6 INCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE! Duh! 😉
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Soft, thick, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside JUMBO chocolate chip cookie recipe. Original Source: http://www.centercutcook.com/jumbo-chocolate-chip-cookies/
5 minPrep Time
17 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix until no dry pockets remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Measure dough into 1/2 cup portions using a measuring cup. It should make 6 large cookies. Roll balls so they are smooth and place 3 on each sheet.
- Bake 1 tray at a time, for 17-18 minutes. They will still be soft when they come out so let them cool on the sheet tray for 5-10 minutes.
Extra special thanks to my top 3 fans! I had a fun time
making a mess photographing this post.