One of my favorite salad dressings is poppy seed. When I read the ingredient label of my preferred “organic” supposed to be “healthy” for me brand, I was totally grossed out!
What is the point of eating a fresh, clean salad if you are dumping mayonnaise and sugar on it?
Even home made versions of this dressing are mayonnaise or canola oil based, then packed with sugar!
I made a light and fresh summer salad with lacinato kale, strawberries, feta cheese, and avocado to compliment my clean remake of poppy seed dressing. It’s a perfect light lunch recipe for busy week days.
The dressing keeps for 7-10 days in the refrigerator. This salad would also be great with baby spinach or topped with chicken, shrimp or tossed with brown rice. Be creative! The possibilities are endless. Tis the season for healthy eating. Happy Summertime!
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Clean Eating, Fresh Summer Salad with Chai/Poppy Seed Dressing.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and chopped small
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion or shallow, diced small
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain (I used 0%)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds or chai seeds
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Toss salad ingredients in a large bow.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.