This Paleo breakfast skillet is nutritionally balanced with zucchini, sweet potatoes, and farm fresh eggs. Mild Italian turkey sausage gives it extra lean protein and tons of great flavor. I switch these skillets up constantly, but this is my go to combination. It’s simple, quick, and incredibly healthy. It is also Gluten Free. I poached my eggs in the picture below. You can poach or fry depending on how fancy you are feeling.
I LOVE breakfast so much I could eat it three times a day! When you wake up to a healthy breakfast and this precious puppy, it’s nearly impossible to have a bad day.
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
Turkey Sausage, Sweet potatoes, Zucchini and Free Range Eggs breakfast skillet.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pound Mild Italian Turkey Sausage
- 4-5 Free Range Eggs
- 1 medium zuchinni
- 1 medium sweet potato (or half of a large one)
- 1/4 small yellow or white onion (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat pan. You want about 1/8 inch of oil in the bottom of the pan since turkey is very lean.
- Prep veggies. Cut sweet potato into small 1/2 inch cubes. Quarter zucchini and chop. Dice up onion.
- Once pan is hot and oil is shimmering add turkey sausage and cook, stirring until slightly browned.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop turkey on to a plate and set aside.
- You might need to add more oil to the pan at this point. You want the potato cubes to be covered in oil so they get a nice caramelization.
- Add another tablespoon of coconut oil and toss in sweet potatoes.
- Shake the pan around to coat all the potatoes and let cook 5-7 min until they start to soften and have nice color.
- When potatoes are half way cooked, add onion and zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste and sauté another 5-7 minutes.
- Add turkey back into the pan and mix to combine.
- Make space for the eggs by digging holes into the mixture.
- Crack eggs into wells and cover the pan with a large plate or a lid to another pot.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking.