Since we have moved to Dallas, we have been lucky enough to have quite a few visitors! This weekend my mother in law came into town. Baking Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies was on the agenda, amongst other kitchen adventures.
Running around after Gracie (our 9 week old puppy), captured about 60% of our time, luckily we were able to escape for a few hours to visit the Dallas Zoo Aquarium. So glad we did, it was like taking a walk through a rain forrest. The rest of our time was spent lounging around, listening to oldies music, catching up and cooking up a TON of good eats. Time well spent if you ask me!
This recipe is easy to whip up. It makes 24 cookies and you can bake them all at the same time in less than 15 minutes. It’s a snap, providing you have a hand or stand mixer. The key to a light, airy cookie is a good whipping!
I picked up this cute Tiffany blue one for 30 bucks. AND I LOVE IT.
Make sure to use a good quality organic dark chocolate. I used 70% but you could totally use 85% if you are into the bitterness. Enjoy! If you make these cookies, share a pic with me. #TheFarmTableTestKitchen
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used 70%)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake on the upper rack until golden, about 7 minutes. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine the chopped dark chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until melted. Add the vanilla and whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add the sugar and beat until thick and pale yellow, about 6 minutes. Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture and beat until just combined, about 1 minute. Fold in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until the cookies are slightly puffed and crackly, 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.