HellooOo from Dallas, Texas!! My absence has partly been due to our cross country move. Now I wake up to birds and wild flowers in my back yard. Life is full of surprises. 😉
My Southern Cooking Skills are much more appreciated in these parts. A classic, rustic recipe get a fresh Paleo spin in this post. Enjoy!
These simple ingredients bake up a moist, rustic looking breakfast bread. Ditch the sugar and gluten! This bread is bursting with lemon flavor and sweetened by natural maple syrup.
For accuracy in baking recipes, always weigh the flours. Free conversions are available with a quick google search.
Mrs. Jennifer Irizarry
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 and 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp organic lemon juice
- zest from organic 2 lemons
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350? F. Grease a loaf pan and cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of pan.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated. Let set 7-10 minutes before baking to allow coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Spread one third of the batter onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on top. Spread another third of the batter and another third of the blueberries. Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 35-37 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cover with foil if top begins to brown too much. Remove from oven and allow to cool. (I had to bake 40 min and cover with foil for 10 more min in my oven), watch your bread not the timer.